Here are some tips for navigating Valentine’s Day.
5 Tips For Valentines Day
- Choose non-edible gifts. Focus on non-consumable gifts that will last and don’t add large amounts of sugar to your intake. This could be flowers, a spa gift certificate, movie gift card, etc.
- If you want something sweet, choose dark chocolate covered fruits – cherries, strawberries, fruit bouquets, etc.
- Plan a romantic activity. Go for a hike if it’s nice, sledding if it’s snowed, or take a dance class.
- Prepare a romantic dinner at home rather than dining out. This allows better control over food preparation and portions. If you decide to go out, consider splitting an entrée.
- Avoid alcohol as it doesn’t contribute anything but empty calories.