In order to maintain a long-term weight loss, it is essential to participate in regular physical activity, so you must move your body. Exercise is one of the many components of your new lifestyle that will help you be successful with your new tool for weight loss.
Exercise helps to improve muscular strength and endurance, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility, and body composition.
Exercise also offers many benefits in addition to weight loss maintenance: Move Your Body
- Increased daily energy expenditure
- Appetite control
- Increases endorphins (“happy hormones”)
- Increases flexibility and strength
- Decreases loss of lean muscle mass during weight loss
- Improves balance and coordination
- Improves cardiac efficiency during exercise and rest
- Decreases fatigue and stress
- Improves body image and self-esteem